Terms and Conditions for the smart UK online prize draw to win tickets to The 146th Open at Royal Birkdale between Thursday 20 and Sunday 23 July 2017
Customers resident in the UK and Northern Ireland aged 18 and older, who either click the entry button on the email or online form (the “Form”) between 12 June 2017 (the “Start Date”) and 14 June 2017 (the “Closing Date”), will be entered into a free prize draw (the “Draw”). Each entrant will be entered into the Draw for a chance to win 1 pair of entry only tickets (20 tickets available) for The 146th Open at Royal Birkdale between Thursday 20 and Sunday 23 July 2017 (the “Prize”).
The following terms and conditions apply to the Draw:
The Promoter is Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited, Delaware Drive, Tongwell, Milton Keynes, MK15 8BA (the “Promoter”).
1. To enter into the Draw for the Prize you must either click the entry button on the Form between the Start Date and Closing Date as defined above.
2. Any entries received either before the Start Date and/or after the Closing Date will not be entered into the Draw.
3. There is a limit of one entry per person.
4. Employees of the Promoter and its group companies, their agencies and families, dealer network and anyone professionally connected with the Draw are not eligible to enter.
5. The winners of the Prize will be selected at random on Thursday 15 June 2017 from all valid entries received (“the Winners”). The selection of the Winners shall be conducted by the Promoter under the supervision of an independent observer, and the selection will be final.
6. Once the Winners have been selected, they will be notified via telephone from Thursday 15 June 2017.
7. The Promoter shall inform each Winner of the allocated date for their Prize, which for the avoidance of doubt will be any date from 20 July 2017 – 23 July 2017. The date allocated cannot be changed by the Promoter and is non-negotiable.
8. In the event that the Promoter is unable to make contact with any Winner within 48 hours of the Draw, the Promoter may elect to select a new winner from the remaining entrants and no alternative shall be offered.
9. Prizes will be dispatched to the Winners at the postal address that they provide when accepting the Prize. Once the Promoter has placed the Prize in the post it shall be deemed to have provided the Prize in accordance with these terms and conditions.
10. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promoter shall not be liable to provide a replacement Prize to any Winner, should their Prize not reach them owing to a failure of the postal service.
11. There is no cash alternative available and the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
12. All transportation costs associated with the Prize shall be borne by the Winners.
13. Unsuccessful entrants will not be notified, but will be entitled to request details of the Winner by writing to the registered office of the Promoter (as shown above).
14. Any entrant and/or participant who has provided false or misleading information and/or has breached these terms and conditions will be immediately disqualified from this Draw.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to withhold any Prize under these terms and conditions if they have been breached. In the event of breach, the draw will be re-opened.
16. No purchase is necessary.
17. The Prize may not be sold, offered for sale, used for competitions, coupled or bundled with any other product or services, or used for any commercial or promotional purposes whatsoever.
18. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive, remain in full force and effect.
19. Entry into the draw shall constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
20. The Winner agrees to use of their name and image in any promotional activity following the Draw.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend this Draw at any time without notice.
22. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation, technical and computer faults, system failures, network errors, website unavailability, hacks on the system, personal computer issues, failures and malfunctions or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure or any other issue out of our reasonable control.
23. The Draw shall be governed and construed and have effect in all respects in accordance with English Law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings arising out of or in connection with it.