smart Cars UK Limited customers who have provided their email details, opted to receive email communications, are resident in the UK, and who are aged 18 or older shall receive an email on Friday 23 March 2018 (the “Email”) inviting them to enter into a free prize draw (the “Draw”) for a chance to win one of ten pairs of VIP passes (the “Prize”) to the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Factory Tour on Thursday 17 May 2018 at Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport Operations Centre, Brackley, Northamptonshire, NN13 7BD (the “Event”).
The following terms and conditions apply to the Draw:
The Promoter is Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited (Company Number 02448457) whose registered address is Mercedes-Benz Uk Limited, Delaware Drive, Tongwell, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK15 8BA (the “Promoter”).
In these terms and conditions, references to masculine include the feminine and the neuter and to the singular include the plural and vice versa as the context admits or requires.
Headings are used for reference only and do not constitute terms of this contract.
Eligibility & Entering
1. To enter into the Draw you must click the entry button on the Email between the time the Email is sent on Friday 23 March 2018 (the “Start Date”) and 22:59:59 on Sunday 25 March 2018 (the “Closing Date”).
2. Entrants must be customers of the Promoter who have provided their email details, opted to receive email communications, are resident in the UK and aged 18 or older at the time of entry.
3. Any entries received either before the Start Date and/or after the Closing Date will not be entered into the Draw.
4. There is a limit of one entry per person.
5. Employees of the Promoter and its group companies, their agencies and families, dealer network and anyone professionally connected with the Draw are not eligible to enter.
6. No purchase is necessary.
7. Ten winners of the Prize will be selected at random on Monday 26 March 2018 from all valid entries received (the “Winners”). The selection of the Winners shall be conducted by the Promoter under the supervision of an independent observer, and the selection will be final.
8. Once the Winners have been selected, they will be notified via telephone from Monday 26 March 2018 (“Notification Date”).
9. Each Winner will receive one pair of VIP passes to the Event, one pass for themselves and one pass for a guest of their choosing (the “Guest”). Winners must inform the Promoter of the name of their Guest when they are contacted pursuant to clause 8. Guests must be aged 18 or older.
10. Passes provided will not be by physical tickets. Winners will receive a confirmation email with joining instructions. Winners and Guests will be included on a guest list for the Event.
11. In the event that the Promoter is unable to make contact with any Winner within 48 hours of the Notification Date, the Promoter may elect to select a new winner from the remaining entrants.
12. Unsuccessful entrants will not be notified, but will be entitled to request details of the Winners by writing to the registered office of the Promoter (as shown above).
13. Any entrant and/or participant who has provided false or misleading information and/or has breached these terms and conditions will be immediately disqualified from the Draw.
14. The Prize is available on the date set out above only, and no alternative date shall be available. If any Winner is unable to attend on the date set out above, the Promoter shall be entitled to select a new Winner from the remaining entrants. There is no cash alternative available and the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to withhold any Prize under these terms and conditions if they have been breached. In the event of breach, the Draw may be re-opened.
16. The Prize may not be sold, offered for sale, used for competitions, coupled or bundled with any other product or services, or used for any commercial or promotional purposes whatsoever.
17. Winners and their Guests are responsible for their own travel costs to and from the Event.
18. Any photography and/or filming by Winners or their Guests at the Event is prohibited.
19. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive, remain in full force and effect.
20. Entry into the Draw shall constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
21. Winners agree to the use of their name and image in any promotional activity following the Draw without remuneration and for the Promoter to provide their details to unsuccessful entrants making a request pursuant to clause 12.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw, postpone and/or amend the Draw and/or the Event at any time without notice.
23. The Promoter is providing tickets to the Event only. The Promoter accepts no liability arising out of or in connection with the Event.
24. Except in the case of:
24.1. Death or personal injury arising from its negligence;
24.3. Fraudulent misrepresentation; and/or
24.4. Any liability which cannot lawfully be excluded and/or limited
None of the Promoter, its group companies and their officers, employees, consultants, representatives, agents, personnel and/or other staff shall be liable in respect of any claim, demand, cost, expense and/or liability arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions.
25. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation, technical and computer faults, system failures, network errors, website unavailability, hacks on the system, personal computer issues, failures and malfunctions or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure or any other issue out of our reasonable control.
26. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed and have effect in all respects in accordance with English Law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings arising out of or in connection with them.