Terms and Conditions for the Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited online prize draw to win Hospitality or Grandstand tickets to the Formula 1 2018 Rolex British Grand Prix between Friday 6 and Sunday 8 July.
Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited customers who have provided their email details, opted to receive email communications (but not yet updated their marketing preferences in light of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679), are resident in the UK, and who are aged 18 or older shall receive an email on Tuesday 1 May 2018 (the “Email”) inviting them to enter into a free prize draw (the “Draw”) for a chance to win one of fifty pairs of Grandstand tickets (the “Grandstand Prize”) or ten pairs of Hospitality tickets (the “Hospitality Prize”, together the “Prize”) to the Formula 1 2018 Rolex British Grand Prix between Friday 6 and Sunday 8 July at Silverstone Circuit, Towcester, Northamptonshire, NN12 8TN (the “Event”).
The following terms and conditions apply to the Draw:
The Promoter is Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited (Company Number 02448457) whose registered address is Mercedes-Benz Uk Limited, Delaware Drive, Tongwell, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK15 8BA (the “Promoter”).
In these terms and conditions, references to masculine include the feminine and the neuter and to the singular include the plural and vice versa as the context admits or requires.
Headings are used for reference only and do not constitute terms of this contract.
Eligibility & Entering
1. To enter into the Draw individuals must update their marketing preferences by completing a form. Individuals can do this by either:
1.1. clicking the entry button on the Email between the time the Email is sent on Tuesday 1 May 2018 (the “Start Date”) and 23:59:59 on Thursday 17 May (the “Closing Date”); or
1.2. clicking the sign up button posted on Instagram and Facebook between the Start Date and the Closing Date; or
1.3. clicking the entry link received by SMS between the Start Date and the Closing Date.
2. Entrants must be Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited customers who have:
2.1. provided their email details and opted to receive email communications but not yet updated their marketing preferences in light of the GDPR; or
2.2. not provided their email details or opted out of receiving email communications but in either case have provided their telephone details, opted to receive SMS communications and not yet updated their marketing preferences in light of the GDPR.
3. Individuals falling under clause 2.2 will not receive the Email but may enter the Draw using either of the routes outlined in clause 1.2 or 1.3.
4. Entrants must also be resident in the UK and aged 18 or older at the time of entry.
5. Any entries received either before the Start Date and/or after the Closing Date will not be entered into the Draw.
6. There is a limit of one entry per person.
7. Employees of the Promoter and its group companies, their agencies and families, dealer network and anyone professionally connected with the Draw are not eligible to enter.
8. The Promoter is providing tickets to the Event via three contemporaneous prize draws. Individuals may only enter one of these draws.
9. No purchase is necessary.
10. Ten winners of the Hospitality Prize will be selected at random on Monday 21 May from all valid entries received (the “Hospitality Winners”). The selection of the Hospitality Winners shall be conducted by a computer process that produces verifiably random results.
11. Fifty winners of the Grandstand Prize will be selected at random on Monday 21 May from all valid entries received who were not Hospitality Winners (the “Grandstand Winners”). The selection of the Grandstand Winners shall also be conducted by a computer process that produces verifiably random results.
12. Once the Hospitality Winners and Grandstand Winners (together the “Winners”) have been selected, they will be notified via email or telephone from Tuesday 22 May (“Notification Date”).
13. Winners will be asked to provide a preferred delivery address and select from one of two possible delivery dates.
14. In the event that a Winner does not provide a preferred delivery address within 72 hours of the Notification Date, the Promoter may elect to select a new winner from the remaining entrants and no alternative shall be offered.
15. Each Winner will receive one pair of tickets to the Event (Hospitality or Grandstand as applicable), consisting of one ticket for themselves and one ticket for a guest of their choosing (the “Guest”). Guests must be aged 18 or older.
16. The Prize will be dispatched to the Winners at the postal address that they provide pursuant to clause 13. Once the Promoter has placed the Prize in the post, by recorded delivery to the address provided, it shall be deemed to have provided the Prize in accordance with these terms and conditions.
17. It is the Winner’s responsibility to ensure that either the Winner or an approved representative is available to sign for the Prize on their selected delivery date as the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any Prize not signed for or signed for by another party.
18. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promoter shall not be liable to provide a replacement Prize to any Winner, should their Prize not reach them owing to a failure of the postal service.
19. Unsuccessful entrants will not be notified, but will be entitled to request details of the Winners by writing to the registered office of the Promoter (as shown above).
20. Any entrant and/or participant who has provided false or misleading information and/or has breached these terms and conditions will be immediately disqualified from the Draw.
The Hospitality Prize
21. The Hospitality Prize is available on Friday 6 July (live practice) and Saturday 7 July (qualifying) only, and no alternative date shall be available.
22. Hospitality Winners will be automatically allocated to one of the days set out in clause 21 above and this cannot be changed.
23. If any Hospitality Winner is unable to attend on the date that they are allocated to, the Promoter shall be entitled to select a new Hospitality Winner from the remaining entrants. There is no cash alternative available and the Hospitality Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
The Grandstand Prize
24. The Grandstand Prize is available on Sunday 8 July (race day) only, and no alternative date shall be available.
25. If any Grandstand Winner is unable to attend on the date set out in clause 24 above, the Promoter shall be entitled to select a new Grandstand Winner from the remaining entrants. There is no cash alternative available and the Grandstand Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
26. Winners and their Guests are responsible for their own travel costs to and from the Event.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to withhold any Prize under these terms and conditions if they have been breached. In the event of breach, the Draw may be re-opened.
28. No Prize may be sold, offered for sale, used for competitions, coupled or bundled with any other product or services, or used for any commercial or promotional purposes whatsoever.
29. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive, remain in full force and effect.
30. Entry into the Draw shall constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
31. Winners agree to the use of their name and image in any promotional activity following the Draw without remuneration and for the Promoter to provide their details to unsuccessful entrants making a request pursuant to clause 19.
32. Winners agree that any images or footage taken at the Event in which they appear may be used by the Promoter for marketing purposes.
33. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw, postpone and/or amend the Draw at any time without notice.
34. The Promoter is providing tickets to the Event only. The Promoter accepts no liability arising out of or in connection with the Event.
35. Except in the case of:
35.1. Death or personal injury arising from its negligence;
35.3. Fraudulent misrepresentation; and/or
35.4. Any liability which cannot lawfully be excluded and/or limited
None of the Promoter, its group companies and their officers, employees, consultants, representatives, agents, personnel and/or other staff shall be liable in respect of any claim, demand, cost, expense and/or liability arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions.
36. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation, technical and computer faults, system failures, network errors, website unavailability, hacks on the system, personal computer issues, failures and malfunctions or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure or any other issue out of our reasonable control.
37. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed and have effect in all respects in accordance with English Law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings arising out of or in connection with them.