smart Tyre and Alloy Insurance has been designed to help you keep your alloy wheels in showroom condition. This product allows you to claim for accidental and malicious damage made to your tyre(s) and/or alloy(s).
How Tyre and Alloy Insurance works
In the event of accidentally kerbing or scuffing your tyre or alloy wheel, smart Tyre & Alloy Insurance will cover this damage, assisting you in maintaining a showroom appearance.
If your vehicle has been financed with smart, Tyre & Alloy Insurance by smart may help prevent additional charges when returning your smart at the end of your agreement.
- You can choose the term of your policy from 24, 36 and 48 months to complement the length of time that you plan to own your smart.
- You are covered for 5 tyre replacements and 6, 8 or 10 alloy replacements (depending on your policy term), up to your total claims limit as detailed in your policy schedule, throughout the policy duration.
- European cover as standard.
- When making a claim, your motor insurance no claims bonus will not be affected.
- A £25 excess is payable for each claim per tyre and/alloy you make.
- The insurer will replace alloy wheels to smart specifications, with a remanufactured alloy wheel.
- When making a claim for a damaged tyre the tread depth must be above 2mm anywhere across 75% of the width of the tyre.
- Cover available for wheels up to and including 23 inch.
To make a claim
- Photograph(s) of the damaged tyre(s) and/or alloy(s)
- The policy number and vehicle details
- Full details of the damage.
Open 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday and Saturday 9.00am – 12.00pm.
If the claim is covered by the policy, verbal authorisation will be given to carry out the specified repair. The authorised claim will be passed to the repairer, who will contact you directly to arrange a repair/replacement appointment.
The insurance is accepted and underwritten by Lloyd’s Syndicate 1861 which is managed by AmTrust Syndicates Limited on behalf of AutoProtect (MBI) Limited. Lloyds Syndicate 1861 managed by AmTrust Syndicates Limited 47 Mark Lane, London EC3R 7QQ is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Their FCA registration number is 312143. AutoProtect (MBI) Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA No. 312143.