Terms and Conditions for the Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited online prize draw to win entry tickets to Countryfile LIVE 2018 on Friday 3rd, Saturday 4th or Sunday 5th August 2018 (“the Event”)
All Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited smart car, passenger car and business solutions customers who are resident in the UK, have provided their email details, opted to receive email communications and are aged 18 or older shall receive an email on Tuesday 24 July 2018 (the “Email”) inviting them to enter into a free prize draw (the “Draw”) for a chance to win one of 300 Entry tickets (100 for Friday 3rd August, 100 for Saturday 4th August and 100 for Sunday 5th August 2018 to Countryfile LIVE 2018 between Friday 3 and Sunday 4 August 2018 at Blenheim Palace, Woodstock, Oxfordshire OX20 1PP (the “Entry Prize”)
The following terms and conditions apply to the Draw:
The Promoter is Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited (Company Number 02448457) whose registered address is Mercedes-Benz Uk Limited, Delaware Drive, Tongwell, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK15 8BA (the “Promoter”).
In these terms and conditions, references to masculine include the feminine and the neuter and to the singular include the plural and vice versa as the context admits or requires.
Headings are used for reference only and do not constitute terms of this contract.
Eligibility & Entering
1. To enter into the Draw you must click the entry button on the Email between the time the Email is sent on Tuesday 24 July 2018 (the “Start Date”) and 10:59:59 on Wednesday 25 July (the “Closing Date”), and select the date in which you would like to attend (Friday 3rd August, Saturday 4th August or Sunday 5th August.)
2. Any entries received either before the Start Date and/or after the Closing Date will not be entered into the Draw.
3. There is a limit of one entry per person.
4. Employees of the Promoter and its group companies, their agencies and families, dealer network and anyone professionally connected with the Draw are not eligible to enter.
5. Entrants will be classified as smart car, passenger car or business solutions customers based on which they were first.
6. No purchase is necessary and no cash alternative will be offered.
7. Winners of the Prize will be selected at random on after the Closing Date on Wednesday 25 July from all valid entries received (the “Winner(s)”). The selection of the Winners shall be conducted by a computer process that produces verifiably random results.
8. Once the Winners have been selected, they will be notified via telephone call followed up with an email after the Closing Date on Wednesday 25 July (“Notification Date”).
9. Winners will be asked to their ticket requirements (winners have the choice of 2 Adults tickets or a family ticket consisting of 2 Adults and 2 Children or 2 Adults and 3 Children) and preferred delivery date and delivery address.
10. There is no guarantee that the Winner will be allocated the ticket requirements of their choice.
11. In the event that a Winner is not contactable and does not provide a preferred delivery address within 24 hours of the Notification Date, the Promoter may elect to select a new Winner from the remaining entrants and no alternative shall be offered.
12. The Prize will be dispatched to the Winners at the postal address provided. Once the Promoter has placed the Prize in the post, by recorded delivery to the address provided, it shall be deemed to have provided the Prize in accordance with these terms and conditions.
13. It is the Winner’s responsibility to ensure that either the Winner or an approved representative is available to sign for the Prize on their selected delivery date as the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any Prize not signed for or signed for by another party.
14. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promoter shall not be liable to provide a replacement Prize to any Winner, should their Prize not reach them owing to a failure of the postal service.
15. Unsuccessful entrants will not be notified.
16. Any entrant and/or participant who has provided false or misleading information and/or has breached these terms and conditions will be immediately disqualified from the Draw.
17. The Prize is available between Friday 3 August and Sunday 5 August and there are 100 Prizes available on each day.
18. Parking is not included in the Prize and is an additional cost of £5 per vehicle
19. Winners and their guests are responsible for their own travel costs to and from the Event and for their own food and drink throughout the day. No hospitality is included in the Prize.
20. If any Winner is unable to attend on the date that they have selected the Promoter shall be entitled to select a new Winner from the remaining entrants. There is no cash alternative available and the Entry Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to withhold any Prize under these terms and conditions if they have been breached. In the event of breach, the Draw may be re-opened.
22. No Prize may be sold, offered for sale, used for competitions, coupled or bundled with any other product or services, or used for any commercial or promotional purposes whatsoever.
23. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive, remain in full force and effect.
24. Entry into the Draw shall constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw, postpone and/or amend the Draw at any time without notice.
26. The Promoter is providing tickets to the Event only. The Promoter accepts no liability arising out of or in connection with the Event.
27. Except in the case of:
27.1. Death or personal injury arising from its negligence;
27.3. Fraudulent misrepresentation; and/or
27.4. Any liability which cannot lawfully be excluded and/or limited
None of the Promoter, its group companies and their officers, employees, consultants, representatives, agents, personnel and/or other staff shall be liable in respect of any claim, demand, cost, expense and/or liability arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions.
28. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation, technical and computer faults, system failures, network errors, website unavailability, hacks on the system, personal computer issues, failures and malfunctions or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure or any other issue out of our reasonable control.
29. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed and have effect in all respects in accordance with English Law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings arising out of or in connection with them.