smart UK retail Customers purchasing a new smart EQ fortwo or smart EQ forfour vehicle (MY800 models only) on orders and registrations from 1st July 2020 to 30th September 2020 have the option (subject to the following terms and conditions) to accept one of two possible charging offers; either (1) Free of charge installation of a BP Chargemaster Homecharging Unit, or (2) BP Chargemaster 2 year Polar Plus Membership.
Terms and Conditions applicable to the smart wall box Offer (“wall box Included Offer”)
1. The wall box Included Offer, means that your BP Chargemaster Homecharge installation will be free of charge. This Offeris limited to smart UK retail customers purchasing a new smart EQ fortwo or smart EQ forfour vehicle (MY800 models only) on orders and registrations from 1st July 2020 to 30th September 2020, who meet all the eligibility criteria for the Office of Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS).
2. Chargemaster Limited (registered company number 06720009 referred to herein as “BP Chargemaster”) is smart’s appointed supplier and installer for Homecharge Units and Installations are accredited by OLEV to access the EVHS funding. The £350 grant subsidises the cost of installing a residential electric vehicle Homecharge Unit (the “wall box”) for the owners/primary users of electric vehicles. The grant allows BP Chargemaster to deduct £350 from the overall cost and invoice smart at the subsidised rate
3. The Government reserves the right to terminate the grant at any time, but will aim to provide 4 weeks' notice.
4. You confirm that you are the designated main user / owner of a new smart EQ fortwo or smart EQ forfour and have ordered and registered the vehicle from 1st July 2020 to 30th September 2020 as defined by OLEV as an eligible electric vehicle for an Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme grant (“EVHS Grant”) subsidised installation
5. You must request the wall box from BP Chargemaster within 4 months of the delivery of a new smart EQ fortwo or smart EQ forfour.
6. You must be resident in mainland England, Scotland or Wales. You confirm that the installation address specified on the application form is a residential address and that you either own the property or have the consent from the landlord for the wall box to be installed. You also confirm that there is garage or other suitable private off street parking within your premises, compliant with the conditions set by OLEV, allowing you to charge your vehicle safely without creating a trip or other health and safety risk to yourself or any other party, with modern household electrics. Full eligibility criteria for the EVHS Grant administered by OLEV can be found here. Some of the criteria for qualification includes (without limitation) the following:
7. The wall box Included Offer applies only to the installation of a 7kw single phase communicating wall box, with standard domestic installation costs, based on the assumption that customers qualify for the full OLEV subsidy of £350 (including VAT). Standard installation costs include a cable run under 15 meters to be fixed flush to the wall (cable not trenched or hidden behind walls, through joists, under tiles/carpets/floorboards, aerial or subterranean runs), with the installation carried out by one man within 6 hours. The wall box Included Offer is made available on the assumption that the correct electrical connections and protections are available on the property, and that no civil works or electrical remedial works are required. Installation is carried out in accordance with BS7671 18th edition wiring regulations, IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation 2nd Edition
8. If you are not eligible for standard installation, you may be liable for installation charges. Installation charges will be made for installations outside of the mainland UK. Further examples of additional charges include, but are not limited to:
• Additional cable over 15 metres at £5.00 per metre;
• RCBO Breaker - £50.00;
• 2-Way Consumer Unit - £50.00;
• Mains Protective Bonding (incoming household services) - £ 10.00 (includes cost of 1st 3 metres - then £ 3.00 per metre thereafter)
(Prices correct at the time of publishing and are subject to change).
9. In order to proceed with a BP Chargemaster installation, you will be required to complete their standard homecharge application process including giving acceptance to their standard terms and conditions (here), their Privacy Notice (here) and to provide them with your marketing preferences. You also declare that you will not claim the VAT back on the installation of the wall box from HMRC.
11. The usage of the equipment supplied is restricted to charging electric cars and BP Chargemaster may at its discretion, disable or remove the wall box in the event of any abuse or misuse of the equipment.
12. You agree to indemnify smart, BP Chargemaster and the Installer against any claim (including consequential losses) arising from the use or misuse of the wall box.
13. Subject to conditions, Your wall box is covered by a 36-month repair or replacement warranty (at BP Chargemaster’s discretion) with respect to faulty parts and/or installation arising from any act or omission of BP Chargemaster. This warranty period commences on the date of the original installation of the wall box. This warranty is subject to the conditions specified in section 8 of BP Chargemaster’s terms and conditions which can be found here.
14. In the event that you breach these Terms and Conditions, BP Chargemaster may at its discretion remove the wall box or disable it.
15. Only one free wall box per household is permitted for this wall box Included Offer
16. If you are entitled to and exercise your right to cancel or withdraw from the order to purchase or finance (as applicable) your new smart EQ fortwo or smart EQ forfour vehicle, you will no longer be entitled to receive the free wall box. If your wall box has already been installed, we will be entitled at our discretion to either remove it from your premises or disable it.
17. It is your responsibility to ensure all required third party permissions are sought in relation to the installation of the wall box at your address. BP Chargemaster may request proof of such consents prior to the installation of the wall box.
18. smart will not be liable for any costs resulting from the use of the wall box, including but not limited to the maintenance and repair of the wall box and associated running costs.
19. By submitting the BP Chargemaster Homecharge application form and/or accepting a BP Chargemaster Homecharge installation, you confirm that you have read, agree with and comply with all the conditions placed on the EVHS as published from time to time by OLEV as well as these Terms and Conditions and BP Chargemaster’s terms and conditions, without exception.
20. Upon payment for the Installation of the wall box smart shall be deemed to have fully discharged all of its obligations arising pursuant to these Terms and Conditions and customers are referred to BP Chargemaster for all matters relating to the wall box arising thereafter.
21. This Offer is provided by smart, a division of Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited.
22. The terms of the Offer may be amended and/or withdrawn by smart, at any time, without prior notice.
23. There is no cash or credit alternative to the Offer and it is non-transferable and non-negotiable.
24. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and as determined by the courts of England and Wales.
Terms and Conditions applicable to the 2 Year Polar Plus Membership Offer